Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Nothing to do with an aussie BUT


This posting has ZERO do to with my little aussie but another one of my "kids" has made me SO proud that I had to share!!! Gitano, a little Andalusian horse at my barn that I've been riding all summer has been selected for the 2010 World Equestrian Games!!!! Gitano will be a member of South Africa's para dressage team with his new rider, who is paralyzed from the waist down. She rides him better than I do! I'm so happy that she found a horse that will give her the confidence (and the moves) to kick butt in Kentucky (and maybe the 2012 Olympics!) and even happier that its my little buddy!


Isn't he handsome :) Watch for him in London 2012!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That's great news! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Congratulations to everyone involved! Best of luck to Gitano and his rider in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is wonderful! Good luck to all.

    Kisses,
    Emma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the great news!!! Oh, and I didn't even realize you had put up other posts!!! Charlie does have SUCH long legs!!! SOOOO cute!! Sounds like Beau and Charlie are thick as thieves!!!! :)
    Oh, I wanted to let you know also, that I read the pamphlet inside the capstar treatment for the fleas, and it said you can use it on dogs 4 weeks and older!! As long as they weigh 2 pounds, which Charlie does of course. You can get it at petco, petsmart, etc. But you should ask your vet about it!! Because you can use it along with the drop monthly treatments (which charlie is too young for still).
    Anyway, If I have to see another flea, it'll be too soon!! I am now picking up dead ones everywhere!! GROSSS, buttt there are still a few live ones marching around, I think he picks them up from outside, around, etc, but once they bite him, they die...
    Im thinking about giving him his monthly spot treatment a bit early so it has time to work some magic before we go to my dads! They r panicking over there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous horse. you are so lucky to have such beautiful animals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ace, I haven't seen a single flea since moving out of that house over a week ago! Someone at my barn who does holistic animal treatments gave me a shampoo that ROCKS... gave him a bath before we left.. washed everything hes ever touched and a bath as soon as we got to the new place! Crossing my fingers!!! We go to the vet Friday for MORE shots and he can start big kid meds (I think?) like Interceptor and Frontline and he did mention Capstar :)

    ReplyDelete

We love reading our comments! Thanks for reading!